As Christmas is looming (16 days to be precise!!) it can get tough to decide what you’re going to brighten faces with when the paper is unwrapped. And your credit card must be exhausted! Can’t have it working every day, you know, you’ll tire it out…It’s time to give the endless cash-chucking a rest, but you can’t be expected to trawl the internet for hours finding the perfect purse-friendly gift! That’s my job! So sit back, relax, and let me do all the work with The Ultimate Under £5 Christmas Beauty Gift Guide…
*Christmassy add-ons were entirely my doing and are not in any way part of the products!
As we all know, it was Black Friday a few days ago. I think we can all join hands in saying hello to that new pointless thing that was 90% off and goodbye to what once was our healthy looking bank accounts.
Also it was nice knowing you Dignity. Good while it lasted and all.
So I had the chance to go to Tesco’s and although Black Friday may or may not have applied to what I bought, I managed to use it as a sufficient excuse to do some spendingtons.
As I found myself with a distinct lack of things that I actually needed, my eye was drawn to the formidable nail polish stand. Sally Hansen was calling to me…and when Sally Hansen calls to you then the nail polish buying ban you put on yourself is instantly void. Obviously.
So despite having enough nail polishes to supply my entire road, I found myself wondering which colours would last me more than one season and did I need another nail treatment oh look they are more expensive maybe not and did I see that one in someone’s blog post the other day?
I ended up with these, all Sally Hansen.
At the far right id 610 Red Zin, a beautiful deep vampire red. The colour excites, with elements of darkness and mystery merging to create something effortlessly feminine, can be worn with anything and is striking and bold without being brash or flashy. I was really happy to see this as I have wanted it for quite a while.
To the far left is 160 Shell We Dance, a beautiful ballet slipper pink colour which is one I have been lusting over for a very long time. It also is brilliant because it goes with just everything as the colour is almost nude, especially if you only use one thin coat. It’s a very pretty, light, girly colour, innocent yet feminine. The nail polish can be layered from a very thin carress to a thick, smooth coating that is simply decadent.
These two are part of the Complete Salon Manicure range, which promise seven benefits of a salon mani in one bottle;
Due to this, I did not apply them with base or top coat, and so far the chips have been minimal and the shine mildly impressive.
The third polish was just to complete the 3for2 deal and I only got it because it looks Christmassy. And that is good enough of a reason for me. I can just tell it’s gonna be hella difficult to remove though.
Before you go, leave a comment telling me what you bought on Black Friday and don’t forget to leave your blog link as I love reading new blogs!
Have you donned your pink skirt-suit? Are you flaunting a blushing boot?
No? If all that seems a bit much for the workplace, or you feel a little like candyfloss with limbs, here’s how you can support the #wearitpink cause with a tad more subtlety (and originality)…
Who likes the Disney background? ;)
Wear a pop of pink charity on your nails this October with this nail colour from Nail Girls! Nail Girls are the natural, non toxic, chemical free, nail care brand. Free from any harmful chemicals like toluene, formaldehyde, DBP (phthalates) and camphor, they are not tested on animals, are vegan friendly and the packaging is recyclable.
I wasn’t expecting much from this nail polish as I had not heard of the brand before, and it didn’t look particularly high end. Having said that, this is one of the best formulas I have ever tried. The colour is opaque in one coat, yes, one coat (although in the picture I am wearing more than one)! Making the colour and the bottle itself really long-lasting. I’m wearing mine with a coat of white nail polish underneath to brighten the colour but honestly I don’t think it needs it. I love the colour, I love the formula, I even love the bottle shape.
I just had a little peek at their website and I am now lusting over so many of their colours and treatments, I might have to make a wishlist. The packaging in full sized products looks much more professional but they are heavily priced, £13.50 for a 15ml bottle! There are also 5ml bottles for £5 but not every colour comes in baby size. The formula is not superior, in my view, to the Barry M nail paints which come in at half the price; but Nail Girls boast unique and beautiful colours that are far more sophisticated than the drugstore staple. I am thoroughly impressed by this brand and will have my eye permanently on them – I would buy something now but I have banned myself from any further nail polish purchases (predominantly unsuccessfully to be honest).
Block coloured nails not enough for you? Spice it up by adding a top coat of this Barry M nail paint in 316 Kingsland Road for a textured finish. You could also attempt to paint on the breast cancer ribbon, I attempted it myself but I really fail at nail art so I had to rub it off.
Well who doesn’t love a good ol’ haul! I went a bit splurgeous a couple days ago (very naughty) and Superdrug-ed my way to a £35 bill*. Yay!
Here are my purchases:
The first one from the left is the Sally Hansen Miracle Cure nail treatment ‘for severe problem nails’ (sounds a bit harsh) claiming to give you 40% stronger nails in three days and stop nails from peeling. My nails peel horribly all the time and are weak and bendy so this product and I get on like a house on fire. I have used this before and it really worked which is why I repurchased it, but it did go gloopy and unusable so I had to throw around half the product away. Despite this I was really impressed with the product and there was a truly noticeable difference in the strength of my nails.
The big bright yellow monstrosity in the middle there is the classic Carmex, a wonder product that is a staple in so many people’s handbags. It’s motto of soothing, relieving and moisturising is one that is true to the product and it is probably my favourite lip balm. This is not only due to its superior moisturising qualities and abundance of cool ingredients (Hello to you, menthol), but also its signature tingly, cold, fresh feeling that calms my often chemical-overloaded and inflamed lips. Fantastic product that can never be replaced. Also love the pop-art packaging and colour scheme.
Down there in the bottom right hand corner is the Rimmel Stay Matte long lasting transparent pressed powder. I needed a powder and I’ve heard the ravings so I thought I’d jump on the bandwagon and go apurchasing. I can’t wait to try it out.
On the top: unblended On the bottom: blended (love that movie)
I was on the hunt for a new foundation when I came across this. I remember watching a YouTube video recommending this for a lighter coverage, and there was an offer on Bourjois so I happily donned it in my shopping basket. My colour is 52 Vanilla which was the second lightest they had in Superdrug. It’s a gel foundation claiming to last 16hrs and boost radiance for instant anti-fatigue. This is all due to the ‘Vitamin-rich fruit therapy’ in the mix, an exciting prospect that sounds as delectable as it’s sure to look. I really like the sound and the look of this, its a nice texture and blends well as you can see on my swatch. Loving the long, smooth bottle and red bursts of colour helping to reflect the ‘radiance’ that the product is designed to give, and the little image of fruit. Excellent packaging design I think.
This beautiful Bourjois blush is quite a sheer colour that is very blendable and easy to layer. My above swatch was around three layers in fact! I really like the colour on the swatch it looks like it will really give my cheeks a pretty pink pop. I love the softly magnetic lid that ensures it stays tight shut around the little moulded brush which sits neatly atop the curved shape of the blush.
I hope you enjoyed reading about how I said goodbye to more of my money and I’ll see you all next time <3
* The products included in this post did not in themselves add up to £35, that was inclusive of some more personal products.
Hello everyone! Smile because you can, and as a good friend often tells me, you’ll live longer. Unfortunately this usually leads to me thinking of death.
Retro is a word that for me gleams like a dazzling diamond out of every blog page, tweet or magazine and draws me in like a siren. I love anything retro, from outfits to nails to hair, which is why I’m currently thrilled that this delightful style has stormed the internet and firmly deposited itself on-trend. We are currently experiencing a nineties comeback (yay!) but the sixties are beginning to make some noise and I couldn’t be happier.
I have created a sixties-inspired retro nail look to share with the world and encourage the rise of the sixties. I used the two nail paints above. First I applied Max Factor Glossfinity in Snow White (bottom in the picture) which did the job perfectly and provided opaque colour in just two layers. It also claims to keep my nails glossy for 7 days – I’ll be putting this to the test but it’s doing well so far – and we all know sparkles last forever so I’m hoping this will stay for a while! Next I applied one coat of Model’s Own Glitter Collection in Mixed Up which was bought from TK Maxx for only £2 (over half the regular price) on a whim – I’m sorry but I don’t think it is possible for any functioning human being to see that deal on that nail polish and just walk away – TOTALLY going against the ban I placed on myself from buying nail polish (click here to see why). And, voila! A black sparkly sprinkle over a snow white base. Reminds me of cookies and cream. Mmmm I want to eat my nails now that can’t be good
Since this nail look is basically monochrome, it goes with a huge variety or outfits and is casual, smart, and party proof! Wear anywhere, any time, for anything. Who can go wrong with cookies and cream?! Great for dieters – instead of eating the cookies, wear the cookies!
Love the sprinkle, hate the colour? Here are some other ideas:
Aloha everyone. Today I’m sharing with you some super cool tips and tricks I use in everyday life to make everything that little bit easier, and you can use them too!
I read about life hacks A LOT, and most of the time they never seem to be relevant to problems I have or things that I need to do. I instead made up my own little life hacks that are relevant to me and my life, hopefully meaning it would be relevant to the people around me as well. It’s a mix of beauty, hair, DIY, food, travel and everything really! Enjoy!
1. Struggling to find space in your handbag (especially in that tiny clutch on a night out)? Take out that bulky hand cream, pop down to the Body Shop and ask an assistant for a sample of one of their hand creams. You’ll get a dinky little pot which you can just slip in to your handbag without fuss! It lasts a good few uses too and is super light, unlike a full tube! And you’ll be doing your hands a favour – the Body Shop hand creams cater for specific needs such as ageing and weak nails (that’s the one I use) and do well to soften and moisturise hands.
When the little tub runs out (or if you find it doesn’t work as well as your normal hand cream), you can always fill it up again with the hand cream of your choice, so you can continue to save space in your handbag. Recently I’ve been trying out dermaV10 anti-ageing hand & nail cream which was sent to me by the brand along with an anti-ageing moisturiser. DermaV10 is the UK’s fastest growing beauty brand and prides itself on providing cruelty-free products with prices starting from under £1. The brand has been around for a while but are just starting to make some noise! They rely on your positive feedback as advertising so they can keep product prices low. Their motto ‘Love yourself for less’ stays true to their products and this one doesn’t disappoint. It smells scrumptious and is formulated with beeswax and vitamin E which gives a rich formula to nourish and enrich the skin. The hand cream also has anti-ageing properties (you’re never too young for this) and SPF 10. This is from the Q10 Innovations range.
And whilst you’re at it, you could swap your normal perfume bottle for a little sample vial you seem to collect everywhere, or just add that in if you don’t already carry perfume. Spritz once or twice throughout the day, or when you think the scent is wearing off. Quite long-lasting too; I can usually get a good two weeks use out of a sample vial. A good chance to try the perfume sample out before you buy!
2. Having a hairy frizz-attack? CAN’T FIND YOUR SERUM?! Don’t worry. Hand cream (in small amounts) can work as a temporary solution. Spread the cream around your hands as usual, but instead of rubbing it all in, tame down the frizzy parts of your hair. It’s probably best to wash your hair that evening. Also, be very careful not to use too much, especially on the scalp, as your hair can get greasy fast.
3. Still battling that frizz? This DIY leave in conditioner will tackle tangles and fight frizz for that extra day of no washing. Take a spray bottle (possibly an empty leave in conditioner bottle, if you’ve ran out and need a new one fast) and pour in it one part normal conditioner to three parts water. Add another part water if you are using a thicker conditioner, and stir stir stir! A few sprays throughout the day will keep things under control.
4. Use white eye shadow as a base for your other colours to make your eyes stand out. It helps the colour lasts longer and gives bright colours a pop. I can’t remember the first time I heard this tip – it’s so simple and easy yet surprisingly unknown!
5. Making pancakes? I am the worst at keeping the mix in the ladle on that dreaded journey from the bowl to the pan. One thing I’ve learnt from the internet? Put pancake mix in an (EMPTY) ketchup bottle for a reusable, no-mess experience! It also gives you a lot more control over how much mix you want in the pan. A squeezy ketchup bottle is best for this, not the chug-chug ones.
6. Going on holiday? Well, it is the summer – and who doesn’t want a tan? Tie a small piece of brightly coloured or easy to notice fabric to your luggage handle. This makes collecting your bag after a flight so much easier, as you can immediately see which bag is yours!
I hope those tips helped you along in your daily life and made things just that little bit easier!
Before you go, leave a comment saying what your favourite tip was from the list above, or drop us your own little tip (and be sure to put your blog link if you have one)
Well hello everybody! This is my first post after my holiday and I have to say I missed all of you :(
This post is the 20 Questions Tag (well done Captain Obvious it’s in the title) for which I have been tagged by the lovely Karin J R (click that link right there to read her post) and will henceforth complete to the very best of my ability.
I have also been nominated for the Liebster award by katrionakinsandjuliekins, missbeautytricks and matildaelizabeth for which I am very grateful. However I have already received the award and have over 200 followers on twitter and bloglovin, so therefore I no longer qualify for this award :(
Here we go!
1. Thing you cannot leave the house without?
This is probably cheating but NO ONE SAID ANYTHING ABOUT RULES so I say my handbag with all my normal stuff in it e.g. hand cream, lip balm, PHONE obviously, perfume etc.
2. Favourite brand of make up?
OK, who asks a beauty blogger this question?! I refuse to answer this out of protest for respecting the bblogging world and our inability to commit. Also because it would take me about a week to decide and who wants a week-late post?
3. Fave flowers?
I’m not a big flowers person, I don’t own any nor will I buy and or be given some any time soon. I always do love it however when I see little snowdrops on the ground, looking white and preened and perfect, and it reminds me that beautiful things don’t always come from the most high-class environment.
4. Favourite clothing stores?
I’ going to say ASOS because it’s a brand that fits so many style needs and personalities and I always, ALWAYS find something I like there…not always a good thing, hello unhappy bank statement (I think I’ve used that before but whatever).
5. Fave perfume?
Honestly don’t have one! I haven’t bought myself a perfume in years, I get them as gifts and samples from magazines or make up stands. I’m currently using a Chanel Coco Mademoiselle sample, but I might go back to the Kylie Minogue Darling bottle I got for my birthday (read the review here).
6. Heels or flats?
I like to wear heels for special occasions but 90% of my life you’ll find me well grounded.
7. Do you make good grades?
Yes, I think so.
8. Fave colours?
Gotta love me some pastels, but I do tend to go for pink quite a lot too (I sound so girly).
9. Do you drink energy drinks?
No, I don’t really like fizzy drinks and I’m well aware all the sugar, chemicals and caffeine aren’t good for me anyway.
10. Do you drink juice?
Mmmmm, juice. I’m a juice snob so most of the time I’ll only go for freshly squeezed juices and otherwise I’ll have water (Mmmmm, water). But whenever I get the chance to have a freshly squeezed juice, I’l take it no matter the price! I could make it at home as I do own an orange pressing machine, but I generally cba to find the machine, clean the machine, set up the machine, etc etc. And you’d be surprised how little juice you can get out of one orange. Sure is good though.
11. Do you like swimming?
I love swimming! I wish I could go more often and it’s SO good for you because every part of your body gets exercise.
12. Do you eat fries with a fork?
13. What’s you’re favourite moisturiser?
Yu-Be. It isn’t my daily moisturiser because I only have a sample from a Latest in Beauty box and I’m saving it for times when I really need it, but it’s super fantastic for reasons which I describe in this post.
14. Do you want to get married later on in life?
I definitely want to get married at some point.
15. Do you get mad easily?
I personally don’t think so but it would probably be best for someone else to judge this.
16. Are you into ghost hunting?
17. Any phobias?
Death and maggots.
18. Do you bit your nails?
If you saw my last NOTD post, you would be aware that I have beautiful, long, smooth and healthy nails. This is all thanks to my mum who payed me to stop biting my nails when I was 10.
19. Have you ever had a near-death experience?
20. Do you drink coffee?
Only if I really need it; for exam or similar.
There we have it! Now you all know a little more about me I encourage you to share a little about yourselves! Instead of tagging another blogger, I invite everyone to comment below an answer to one of the questions above (and be sure to leave your blog link if you have one!) Happy commenting!
Follow me on bloglovin and I’ll follow you back! Link in sidebar :)
Hello All! As you’re reading this, I will be away on an internet-free holiday! Apologies if I DIE from internet withdrawal symptoms. So I still love receiving comments so although I won’t be able to approve them until I get back I would still love you to write them for me! Same goes for bloglovin and twitter, I still love you to follow me even if I can’t follow you back right now! Thanks so much guys and I really hope you’ll continue to read my blog even when I’m not promoting it on twitter :)
Speaking of which how nice would it be if I came back to a massive milestone of followers?! That would make me so happy hint hint nudge nudge
Right, enough shameless self-plugging. This post is actually about what I’m wearing on my nails! This is not one, but two nail polishes, and it’s a combination I wear quite often. I named it sea crush because the colour is a mix of blue and candy apple green and it reminds me of the bluey green of the sea. It also has sugary bobbly bits on the top which reminded me of crushed sugar, hence the name sea crush!
Hope you enjoy!
Coat your nails in The Body Shop Almond Nail & Cuticle Oil before filing. I do this because I like to use all my nail products when I paint my nails! This also really sounds like something that would do my nails and cuticles some good. It makes my nails super shiny too!
Next, file your nails into the desired shape. I like my nails to be long and rounded and I use this rectangular nail file from Claire’s. TOP TIP: File in one direction only on each side of the nail (from the sides upwards towards the middle), do not go back and forth as this weakens the nail fibres leading to breakage and splits.
This hand and nail cream from Neutrogena strengthens the nails by up to 200%. I rave about this cream a lot and use it very often, as you can see I’m running out!
Apply the cream as so with a miniature dollop on each nail, then rub it in until it has all been absorbed by the nail.
Your nails are now ready for some colour! This creamy, sugary green colour from Models Own reminds me of a mint milkshake!
And it’s scented too! It’s one of the Models Own Fruit Pastel range, they’re all scented and come in simply gorgeous pastel shades, perfect for summer! This colour is called Apple Pie.
Apply the polish with firm and even brush strokes.
As you can see, one coat doesn’t really give you solid colour. In fact, the clear unevenness of the nail was what inspired this look in the first place – I knew it would be terribly thick, globby and even more uneven if I did another coat of the same polish, so instead I used something more opaque to add a bit of texture.
Now it’s time to apply the second nail polish! This one is Atlantic Road 324 from Barry M. Loving the name – the colour is like the Atlantic and the texture is like a road! I actually had no idea it was textured when I bought it (yes, I am aware it says it on the bottle), I just liked the colour! I also own the colour Kingsland Road 316 from the same collection, it’s a peachy baby pink colour. They go together as a baby pink and baby blue!
Apply so it covers all the green, but don’t make the blue colour too thick and opaque or you won’t be able to see the green underneath, making the whole thing pretty pointless.
And here’s the finished nail! Super cute, right?
Look at it compared to the previous colour – it smooths out the pigment whilst adding a bit on totally on-trend texture!
This was my first NOTD post so I really hope you guys liked it!
As always, I love to receive your comments even if I can’t approve them just yet! I’d love to have a lovely long list when I get back! :)
Firstly thank you so so much to Amy from the blog Style Storms for nominating me it made me super super happy and I never imagined this would happen! Also about three days after I discovered the award in the first place. Weird, huh?
Rules of the Liebster Award
1) You have to link back to the person that nominated you.
2) Write 11 facts about yourself.
3) You must answer all 11 questions given to you by the person who nominated you.
4) After completing these questions you must nominate 11 bloggers with under 200 followers and give them 11 questions of your choice.
5) You must not nominate the person who nominated you.
6) You must let your nominees know that they have been nominated and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it.
11 Facts About Me
1) I think I might be the only person in the western world who doesn’t own an iPhone. I’m still stuck with my stupid Blackberry which I stupidly signed a two year contract for back when they were cool. If I don’t get an iPhone in the next week I think I might cry.
2) My mum owns a box which I call ‘My Box’, and in it contains all my work from school and summer camp and my baby shoes and certificates and all things from my childhood which we considered too precious to throw away (those science projects took me forever, you know). She says she will open the box and show me the contents when I have children of my own. I am looking forward to this day.
3) I am Jewish, a fact about which everyone I meet who is not from London seems to get pretty surprised about. For some unfathomable reason they seem to assume that I am ultra-religious, when in fact I am not. I would not even call myself semi-religious. Because bacon? Yum.
4) I am a dedicated food snob who enjoys eating at Michelin star restaurants, but only if I find deals on Toptable (now Opentable) and I can only afford it if the price for the set lunch menu (which I almost always get because it is cheap) is under £30. I do this with my mum, and it is a tradition I enjoy very much.
6) I don’t fill in my eyebrows. I hope none of the other bloggers reading this have fainted. I genuinly don’t need to; I never over-plucked and my eyebrows are big, thick and dense on their own. I am very grateful for this and have probably saved a lot of money on eyebrow pencils. Although the excellent growth does mean they are very unruly and have to get threaded very often, which is not fun may I tell you.
7) My favourite actress is Tamsin Greig who features in most, but not all, of the TV show I love, including Friday Night Dinner, Black Books, Green Wing (all on 4oD) and Episodes (BBC). Some of these roles are quite opposite but she plays each one very well and I respect that.
8) I never knew what I wanted to be when I grew up.
9) I have a beautiful cat whom I love. When I got back from Turkey it was discovered he had got into a fight whilst I was away and had been bitten on the leg. He was limping and looked quite dazed. I was very worried but it was OK and he is recovering very well thanks to the lovely vet who gave him an injection that he didn’t like very much. He is old and tired but I love him just the same.
10) My best friend’s guinea pig passed away just over a week ago. RIP Suela-Pig.
11) I wasn’t half as obsessed with beauty products before I started blogging as I am now. Heck, I didn’t even know what a pigment was. I know, what kind of rock was I living under?
Answers to Amy’s Questions
1. What do you love most about blogging?
I really love that I get to share the interesting things in my life with people who care. And as my followers grow, I love that I am making an influence on people’s lives.
2. What was the last thing you ate?
I am currently eating my makeshift breakfast, which is a pot from my graze box. It’s called Little Figgy Went To Market and it contains dried apple, cranberries and diced figs dusted with rice flour, all of which I love!
3. What colour nail polish are you wearing, if you are?
This one! It’s got bobbly bits in it and I’m going to do a NOTD with it soon.
4. You’re stuck on a desert island and you’re allowed to take three things with you. What would you take?
I’m going to go with the conventional and rather boring 1. food 2. water 3. helicopter summoner or similar as expect phone will not have connection. Sorry but I don’t particularly want to die on this island.
5. What age did you start wearing make up?
I started properly wearing make up when I was 13 but I tried and failed at it quite a lot since the age of 11. I always got confused and never could figure out when my friends were going to wear loads of make up and when they were going to wear none, so I usually did it the wrong way round. By the time I was 13 I just gave up on trying to fit in and generally went with wearing more make up than any of my friends combined. I enjoyed wearing make up this way and was fed up with caring what people thought or if they were judging me on it, which they probably were. But I was being who I was and I didn’t care.
6. What’s your favourite thing to blog about?
Weirdly enough, the first thing that comes to my mind is haircare. My hair is a huge part of my look so it’s really important I get it lookin’ good, and I enjoy sharing how I do this!
7. Who is your role model?
I’ve always hated this question! I don’t really compare myself to other people, and I don’t idolise one specific any person or people. Instead I like to set goals for myself which I look up to, I guess I am idolising a certain future me.
8. Besides blogging, what do you do in your spare time?
I enjoy watching the TV shows I listed above, reading, and twitter. Lots of twitter.
9. What beauty product could you not live without?
I’m not sure if this is a specific product or not, but I think if I went without lip balm then my lips would dry up and fall off. Does that count…?
10. Chocolate or crisps?
Chocolate. All day and every day.
11. What is your favourite clothing shop?
This is a really tough one! I’m going to go for ASOS because I know I will always, ALWAYS find something I like. Which can sometimes be a bit of a problem, hello unhappy bank statement.
Now time to nominate other bloggers…I’m not sure what kind of ‘followers’ the liebster award rules are referring to, but I’m going to go with bloglovin followers.
1. Do you speak another language? If not, would you like to?
2. If I gave you £100 to give to charity, which charity would you donate to and why?
3. Favourite type of foreign food?
4. Chicken or beef? (Or vegetarian?)
5. You can only ever buy high end OR drugstore make up from now on. You earn the same amount of money. Which do you choose?
6. Evening make up in the daytime or daytime make up in the evening?
7. You can buy EITHER make up OR clothes for the rest of your life. You are allowed to keep your current collection of both. Your current make up and clothes are magical and they last forever. Which do you choose?
8. If you could change one thing about the way you look, what would it be?
9. What is your blogging aim? E.g. Get 2000 bloglovin followers, you can write your aim for this week/month or your ultimate aim.
10. Do you prefer having one best friend or a group of friends?
11. Would you rather wear the same colour lipstick or the same colour nail polish forever?
I love BarryM nail paints. I wish I had more of them!
These nail art polishes have long and thin brushes for bold lines or elegant flicks, or even retro spots!
I love the Metal Flip range from Miss Sporty, they are quite sheer but can be layered up to be really bold and beautiful.
These were a gift – I don’t think I have ever used them! (BUT I WILL)
I can never say no to the Model’s Own 6 for £20 offer! I love their new Speckled Egg collection, I have the green one but I want the purple one too, it’s so pretty!
Yes, well. I have forbidden myself from buying any MORE nail polishes, OK?! Apart from free samples. They are very much allowed.
As you can probably see, I am a nail polish lover turned hoarder and this is my nail polish collection. I own brands from Chanel to Primark, and I dare not even consider how much I have spent on nail polish over the years. I haven’t even opened some of these.
I think one of the reasons I have so many is unless the nail polish has some super amazing quality like it only takes one coat or something then I will tend to use it once, get bored with it, and never use it again. It looks like I am subconsciously wasteful and excessive! yayyy #firstworldproblems
This turns into a bit of a pain whenever I buy Model’s Own polishes – they are HUGE so are priced above other high street brands, but I don’t use half of what I payed so much for! I’d rather pay half the price for mini bottles like the Max Factor Colour Effect Mini Nail Polish, which would be SO much better value for me.
And I don’t give the unused ones away either! The colour looks so pretty in the bottle, I just can’t bear to part with it – and I seem to have the need to possess every colour in the spectrum. So, instead of going to a needy human, these polishes are sitting on my shelf gathering dust. I have made myself a Summer Resolution to start using colours I wouldn’t normally use, such as the cheap looking ones, and to avoid bare nails as much as possible in order to make use of my lengthy nail polish collection.
The Ones I Actually Use:
Beautiful, eh? That’s why I use ’em.
The Ones I Don’t Use As Such And Should Probably Give Away But They’re So Darn Pretty
I just can’t bear to part with them! Especially not the Model’s Own ones.
The Most Used Ones
The sparkly Miss Sporty one (Sparkle Touch) used to be my most used nail polish, I would even use it on it’s own sometimes but I drifted away (wave after wave) from it when my collection began to expand and it as replace by Model’s Own and Barry M. The Model’s Own base coat is not very good as it chips really easily, but I am not allowing myself to buy another one until I have finished this one because it is massive. It also doubles as a top coat.
The Ones I Wish I Used More
I do use some of these a lot, but I want to use the even more because I feel like I have been slacking a bit recently. The Miss Sporty ones I used to use all the time and I want to re-instate my love for them, the Model’s Own ones I have not even used yet and need to because they were not cheap (and SO beautiful, the sparkles just put me off a bit as they are really hard to remove), the Rimmel one…well, it is black, but I still want to get a good usage out of it.
Comment/tweet/email if you want to know any of the specific colours!