It became apparent to me that I have been loving a lot of products recently. And what could be better than to share them with all of you! Hopefully this will enrich your life with fabulous – and I mean fabulous – products that will rock your beauty world. Prepare yourself.
1. Dove Go Fresh Antiperspirant – This is by far the best anti-perspirant I have ever used. I have the pomegranate and lemon verbena scent which is incredible and smells amazing, the other scents work just as well but one this is my favourite as it smells the best. Will repurchase and repurchase. Read more about this and other anti-perspirants I love (and the best one to suit you!) here.
2. Sanctuary Spa Body Moisture Spray – Amazing product for quick and easy moisturisation and divine sheen on the legs for a freshly-done look. Perfect for brightening up your day – I always feel more confident and, well, awesome when I have super-shiny legs! Not too expensive for Sanctuary either; this travel mini is lasting me forever and it was only £2.50 at Boots (click link on name to shop). Looks godly but the moisture is very light so doesn’t last for such a long time; I suggest using it on mornings when legs will be on show, but don’t use as a night-time moisturiser as you will be disappointed. Definite holy grail product.
2. Body Shop Vitamin C Micro Refiner – This super-fine scrub is excellent for removing pesky blackheads and clearing pores as it really gets right down in there. The hard-working nature of the scrub is not to be abused however – use no more than twice a week and definitely not on sensitive skin, or skin that isn’t very porous. I generally only use it on the blackheads on my nose as it would dry out my cheeks too much. Possibly the best scrub I’ve ever tried (but I’m not very experienced in the matter).
3. Origins Drink Up Hydrating Lip Balm – Ok, first, this is not a lip balm. I don’t know why they chose to call it a lip balm and trick people into thinking they were going to have a new lip balm but it is most definitely a lip gloss. Although I was slightly disappointed at the distinct absence of balm, I soon noticed that in my hands was one of the most beautiful lip glosses I had ever seen. Ultra shiny with a hint of smooth sparkle, this light berry shade looks good enough to smother all over your lips. I wouldn’t say it’s hydrating, but when I used it on it’s own, it didn’t dry my lips out out half as much as a normal lip gloss would have done, which for me is a really desirable quality. I have been using it every night/day out since it arrived as a sample with my Super Spot Remover purchase (along with two other deluxe sixed samples – if you haven’t already GO AND GRAB THAT OFFER on origins.com). Not sure if is worth £16 though. Probably won’t repurchase unless is through the same offer.
4. Lashem Lash Enhancing Serum – This was received as a teeny sample in a LoveMeBeauty box, and having never tried a lash enhancing serum before I was very excited to try it out. I struggled a bit with the routine of it for a while (apply every morning and evening) and I did get some liquid in my eyes sometimes (my own carelessness – the brush is actually really precise) but I got the hang of it after a while. I’ve been using it for about a week and I can already see a difference in my eyelashes. Longer, softer and more are some words that describe the change. Punchline: This definitely works. I now have less need for eyeliner, as my lash line has become much stronger due to my fresh abundance of eyelashes, and of course less need for mascara due to a) the abundance and therefore intensity and b) the impressive length. And they’re silky-smooth!
5. DHC Deep Cleansing Oil – Best cleanser. Best cleanser ever. Blackheads go poof. Spots go poof. Also apparently ageing goes poof. This will also leave your face non-oily, which I think is because of the ‘unique water-soluble formula’ that rinses every last drop of this off your face so no oil is left (but it is gentle and doesn’t strip the face).
DHC Deep Cleansing Oil make-up remover completely dissolves all traces of dirt and cosmetics – even waterproof mascara and eyeliner – while nourishing your complexion with antioxidant-rich olive oil. Using dry hands, massage it onto your dry face, and it immediately goes to work. Add water and it transforms to a milky, vitamin-rich emulsion that rinses clean, leaving your skin feeling soft and nurtured; never dry or greasy. One try and you’ll understand why it’s the ultimate cleanser.
- In a clinical study, 92% of participants agreed Deep Cleansing Oil worked better than a leading cleanser at removing complexion make-up
- Unique water-soluble formula rinses thoroughly
- Rich in vitamins and antioxidants
- Nourishes and hydrates for younger-looking skin
- 1 sold every 10 seconds worldwide
I don’t know how this amazing oil works but my skin is hydrated, non-oily, blackhead-free and spot-free after just a week of use. In fact, this gentle oil clears out intense blackheads after just one wash. I remember drawing a cat nose on my actual nose with a kohl eyeliner one night, and waking up with blacker-than-black-heads that I thought would be on my face for weeks to come. But one swipe of this gorgeously smooth wonder-oil and my nose is blackhead free. Seriously. Completely wiped out they were – not even the faint ones left. I was astounded and proceeded to tell anyone who would listen. I have never seen that kind of result from another cleansing product.
In essence, this leaves me with a perfect face. What makes it a billion times better is that the 30ml bottle I have is only £4.50 and is lasting me forever (as you can see from the picture above), so I can definitely afford to repurchase! Yay!
ULTIMATE holy grail product.
So there was my first favourites post! Hope you enjoyed it and please please comment below (make sure to leave your blog link if you have one – I love finding new blogs to read!)
Follow me on Twitter: @SashHope