Hello everyone! My name is Kiara Catanzaro and I’m the 20-year-old beauty, fashion and fitness blogger behind the site Blissfully Brunette! I hope to share my love of life with you through my blog. Writing is a large part of my life, but if you do what you love, you will never work a day in your life. Needless to say, I don’t work.
My love for writing began at a young age as well as my love for helping others. Giving advice and tips regarding beauty, fashion and fitness is something I hope to continue after college.
I’m a senior journalism and mass communication major and Spanish minor at St. Bonaventure University located in New York. I will begin my Mater’s in Integrated Marketing Communications program this semester, which I will complete next May.
That’s enough about me. Let’s talk about what you need to know about the beauty benefits of honey. Honey is an all-natural product that can be used for many purposes. Here is a list of my go-to uses for honey.
- Moisturizer: Honey has both soothing and hydrating properties, which makes it easy to keep your skin glowing throughout the year. Use honey in a DIY facemask one a week and see results immediately.
- Acne Treatment: Honey also has acne-fighting agents in it. All you need is to apply raw honey to the affected area, let it sit for 10 to 15 minutes and rinse off. For those with consistent acne, use this treatment twice a week.
- Hair Treatment: Your hair can easily benefit from the soothing, hydrating and softening properties from honey. Mix honey with olive oil and coat your hair evenly (focus mainly on your ends) and rinse off after 20 to 30 minutes.
- Anti-aging serum: Rich in antioxidants, honey can also prevent wrinkles and other signs of aging. You’ll prolong your glowing skin than others. Get your shine on!
- Lip scrub: Hydrated lips are a must-have for the fall and winter. Honey will be your best friend along with sugar and lemon juice. Combine the three ingredients together, apply on your lips, and exfoliate for five minutes. Repeat each night.
- Remove dark circles: Do you suffer from stubborn under-eye circles? Treat this problem by combining raw honey and almond oil and applying it under your eyes. Leave it on for 15 minutes before rinsing off. Repeat twice a week.
- Nail treatment: Your nails need some loving, too! Raw honey and your favorite essential oil (I recommend almond). This will create a cuticle treatment that will leave your nails soft and hydrated.
I love that honey is an inexpensive product we all have but might not use for all these purposes. One jar of honey can give you enough beauty treatments for the year. What is your favorite beauty treatment using honey? If you have a beauty DIY recipe, make sure to leave it below!